Thursday, May 7, 2009

No more newly imported books in the Philippines???


Thank you (to both bloggers Paolo and my cousin Joyce) for posting such an informative blog. I felt like writing my thoughts immediately after reading the article but decided to do it a little later since I still have work the next day and it’s getting late…

Anyway, I think the Bureau of Customs is running out of what we call “palabigasan?” The recession must have had an enormous impact in their “PROFITS” that they had to come up and immediately implement this “newly discovered” procedure… no matter how illogical it seems.

For me, it’s a clear example of “desperation” within the department and among the officials. It’s apparent that they CAN and WILL go the extra mile to reap something (something illegal) even if it means sacrificing the common good.

No wonder our country is becoming the laughingstock of the world. With officials like them governing the country, I can’t help but agree…

“Few countries can compete with the Philippines when it comes to corruption—it's always near the top of the list of most-corrupt nations and the G20 nations recently blacklisted it, along with only three other countries, for its banking practices. In polls, Filipinos tag customs as the most corrupt department. And for good reason.”
Tsk tsk tsk! Shame… shame… shame…

No comments:

Post a Comment